Goal setting is something that I’ve been doing ever since I got my first real career job. There is a weird sense of calmness whenever I see my goals listed out on a piece of paper. Having goals allows me to think about the things that are important to me and what I can do to improve them.
- Add 10 more rental units to my real estate portfolio. Need to find the right deals. Patience will be necessary for this one.
- Save 90% of my work income. Spend less, save more, invest.. even more.
- Read 5 real estate investing books. I have a list of books that I want to read this year. Maybe when I have time I’ll make a book list page to keep track what I’ve read and is currently reading.
- Attend 10 seminars/webinars/conferences. Last year I’ve attended about 6 seminars simply because I just love learning, so giving myself a goal to attend more seminars this year would be a no-brainer to me.
- Spend less than $150 on eating out per month. Eating out is my kryptonite. I can’t seem to resist the temptation of yummy food and the feeling of total zen when you enjoy life through food tasting. This year I’m setting a eating out budget of $150 per month between my fiance and I, so we don’t blow our money into this category again.
- Creating a monthly budget that works for my fiance and I. Now that I’m getting married, I’ll need to come up with a budget plan that works for both of us.
- Have acceptance in others. Something that I need to work on but have consistently failed to succeed. I’m going to try to be more patient and have more acceptance towards other people.
- Stop worrying so much. I want to learn to let things go and not care about the things that aren’t worth my time.
- De-cluttering and sell 50 items from my closet. As I continue to sell more of my possessions, I’ve realized how much things I actually need in life. Every time I sell an item to someone else, it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It has really been an eye-opening experience getting rid of my stuff.
- Record my daily meals, workouts into my new planner. I received a really pretty planner for Christmas last year and I want to write down my meal plans every day. I get forget to track it down sometimes, so hopefully this pretty planner will solve this problem!
- Drink at least 3L of water each day. Must. Drink. More. H2O.
- Work out at least 3 times a week. I have a love and hate relationship with my workout regime. Sometimes I’m all gung-ho about it and other times I get lazy and binge watch on Netflix.
- Master the headstand. Growing up, I was that kid who was afraid to be flipped upside down. This year I’m going to try to face my fears and stand straight but on a 180 degree angle. 😉
Bear and Family
- Brush Bear at least once a week to keep him fluffy and dematted. He’s got some pretty curly hair, must be the Bichon in him. But fear not! I have invested in a better brush now, I will try my best to brush him every week.
- Master the bang trick. Bear is actually pretty close to mastering this. The rolling over part of the trick is the hard part because he gets too excited and gets up prematurely.
- Travel to 10 places that my fiance and I has never been before. We love travelling together. Doesn’t matter where we go, as long as we’re together we heart it. 🙂