After last month’s budgeting disaster, I’ve adjusted our monthly budget to work for my hubby and me.
We’re still taking baby steps trying to get the right budget that works for the both of us.
Budgeting with my husband has been a new adventure. I’ve increased our eating out and groceries categories since that seem to be our areas of struggle.
With that being said, this month was a busy month. We went to a friend’s “unexpected” wedding. My brother-in-law came over from Kelowna and stayed with us. Andddddd….. most importantly, my hubby’s birthday was in July.
Oh, and did I mention that I bought another property?! 😛
Bought my 5th rental property
If you know me, you’ll know that I’m always hustling for a new rental property.
This month I was able to add another property to my real estate portfolio. I’m so happy I found this deal.
At one point this deal had a conditional accepted offer, and I went for a few days waiting and hoping the deal won’t fall through. I emailed my agent daily to check on the status of this deal.
Until a window of opportunity was presented to me. So I jumped right in and snatched it up!
Categories that we went over budget
Restaurants / Eating Out
Another month where I miscalculate our eating out budget. Those fried chicken are so yummy…. Yeah, yeah I know they are not good for you.
Don’t get me wrong, we do make a lot of food at home, but sometimes, you just crave junk food.
On top of that, we did a lot of socializing and people coming over to our place a lot to hang out.
Almost $15 over budget. Not too bad. Next month it will be better since our Ontario trip in August is mostly paid already. We stocked up on some household items too since Costco had a sale on shampoo and conditioners.
We went to a close friend’s wedding this month. The wedding is supposed to be next year but at the last minute, they decided to get the papers signed as soon as possible. So we gave them their wedding gift now so they can use it when they plan their wedding next year. 🙂
July is also my husband’s birthday month, so I did get him a BBQ grill as a birthday gift and we invited all his friends over to hang out at our new place.
Even though we went over budget this month, it was well worth it!
July 2017 Expenses Breakdown
July 2017 Goals
- Finalizing insurance. DONE. Finally, we’ve decided on what kind of insurance we’re getting.
- Complete Week 3 and 4 of the machine learning course. DONE. The course is getting harder. On week 5 now, I’ve been kinda lazy to do it. Hopefully next month I can finish the whole course.
- Revamp CFWG website. DONE. This is my attempt to focus on blogging this year, I’ve decided to revamp the whole website and now I’m ready to start fresh!
- Post 5 items to sell online. DONE. I’ve sold two items out of the 5. Nice to get rid of things around the house. I actually found one of the items next to my building. Someone threw it away for some reason. Either way, I took it home, cleaned it up and sold it online. Score!
- Post a blog post. Unfortunately, I didn’t end up posting a new post in July. BUT, I did post it in August. See the post here.